A beluga whale has been captured fetching a rugby ball and returning to it a boat of South African rugby fans near the Arctic pole.
- Africa: Interim Statement On the Use of Additional Booster Doses of Emergency Use Listed MRNA Vaccines Against Covid-19
- Africa: Zimbabwean Company Shortlisted for Prestigious Continental Energy Award
- Africa: Lubricant Helps Prevent HIV Infection, but Access Remains Limited
- Africa: No, Pharmaceutical Company VP Not Arrested and Coronavirus Vaccine Not Experimental
- Africa: Zambia Leaves South Africa Choking in Its Dust At the 2022 Mining Indaba
- Africa: Gambia - 8th African Country With Most Expensive Mobile Data
- Africa: Securing Land Rights Is Crucial to Land Restoration in Africa - COP15
- Africa: President Uhuru Kenyatta Calls for Sustainable Development Across Cities
- Africa: Africa Fintech Summit Washington D.C. 2022 - - Where African and Global Fintech Stakeholders Met in April
- Africa: Report: Global Smokers Exceed 1.1 Billion
- Africa: Where Does APR, Rayon Rank Among Africa's Most Expensive Derbies?
- Africa: Google Translate Learns 10 New African Languages
- Africa: Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone Collaborate to Improve Africa's Air Transport Safety
- Africa: Kenya Hosts Delegates From 32 Countries to Discuss Transnational Organized Crime in Africa
- Africa: New Tool to Measure Ease of Inter-Africa Trade Launched
Now your appetite has been whetted, here are some more sweetie pie baby hippos.. starting with a video of a baby pygmy hippo taking a swim!
start illegal forest fires to clear land for agriculture
The rampant burning, whilst useful for farmers, destroys the habitats of jungle residents forcing them down onto the ground where they are more open to predators.
One of those residents are critically endangered Sumatran orangutans who consider the jungle flora to be their home.
The population of the great ape is now thought to be as low as around 7,500 Read more..
Lions are one of the most loved animals in the world and one of the biggest drawcards for travelers to Africa. Unfortunately, with the illegal wildlife trade booming, poachers lurking in the shadows, and trophy hunters paying thousands of dollars to hunt them, lions are disappearing at an alarming rate.
Some Facts About Lions in the Wild:
- The lion population in Africa has decreased by 90% in the last century.
- There are currently only about 23,000 lions left in the wild
- Lions are extinct in 26 countries across Africa
“Last night a Maasai guide discovered a one of a kind genetically mutated baby zebra in the Maasai Mara and named it after his surname – Tira.
This morning we were one of the first ones to visit Tira! A few years ago there was a similar case, however that zebra still maintained the stripes and brush-like tail.
Tira, however, has patterns that appear as polka dots!
I hope the experts will look into this case and share some interesting discoveries soon!”
Man Buys Turtles From The Food Market And Sets Them Free In The Ocean
Although it might come as a surprise to most people who read this, it is possible to buy live sea turtles for food in some areas of the world. Perhaps it also surprised Arron Culling and Mark, his co-worker, when they were in Papua New Guinea at a local market and saw two sea turtles.
What are the habits of successful people?The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People has captivated readers for 25 years. It has transformed the lives of Presidents and CEOs, educators, parents, and students—in short, millions of people of all ages and occupations have benefited from Dr. Covey’s 7
More information about protecting sea turtles can be seen on the Sea Turtle Conservancy’s website.
Koala’s to humans: We are not bears!
Saving the Koala: Australian Koala Foundation
Koala and her joey rescued after surviving Hinterland bushfire
A report released by the Australian Koala Foundation says koala bears are now “functionally extinct,” which means their population has fallen below the point at which they can produce another generation of viable offspring.
There are no more than 80,000 of them left in the wild, according to the organization. Read more..
Amazon Koala stuffed toys
Conserving the Wild Koala and its Habitat
The Australian Koala Foundation (AKF) is the principal non-profit, non-government organisation dedicated to the effective management and conservation of the Koala and its habitat. Our main goals are to refine and update the Koala Habitat Atlas mapping of all wild Koala habitat and to get the Koala Protection Act enacted to ensure Koalas and their habitat are protected. Read more..
And they’d be right. Though koalas are often called “koala bears,” they are not bears. In fact, they’re not even that closely related. Read more…
If koalas could talk, they might say: “Hey, humans. We’re not bears.”
A heartbreaking photo has emerged from the Hinterland bushfires of an injured koala protecting her joey after fire tore through the area.
The koala and her joey were found late on Friday afternoon near Canungra by a local Police officer.
The mum had suffered burns – Read more..